Posts tagged book.
Only took me about 4 hours. Its not got a bad plot - relatively original. But i juat wasn’t convinced by the characters, there’s too much focus on a few aspects of their history and personality. There is maybe too many to get a decent feel of each one. Opening was better than the end. Mmmm. Not really anything to rave about.
I read that last week and loved it. I found it to be quite a nice mix between the circumstances of The Host and a lot like Tekken. I’m currently reading the second one, Catching Fire, and it’s brilliant! Definitely gets better!
You can’t just make me different and then leave.
Was she really beautiful? Was she at least what they call attractive? She was exasperation, she was torture…..
Guy Laramee’s amazing book sculptures.
I’ve recently finished reading ‘How To Be a Woman’ by Caitlin Moran. I found it really interesting and funny, too. Could anyone recommend me any more books like that or generally on feminism?
Sometimes if you want something badly enough, you can make it happen. If you miss someone so desperately that it wrecks your insides, you say their name over and over until you conjure then. It’s called sympathetic magic and you just have to believe in it to make it work.
How amazing is this? I am determined to buy one when I have more cash.
- Tea. Nuff said.
- Watching Buffy. Over, and over, and over again.
- Reading a new book and being completely sucked in.
- New tattoos, the feeling of a needle penetrating your skin depositing prettiful colours truly is like no other feeling.
- Meeting new people who turn out to be people who make an impact on your life.
- Festivals, the whole sleeping in a tent thing is lush, the bands, the sun, the stalls and shisha. The laughs, memories made, bands you couldn’t wait to see and those you thought you’d never get the chance to see. Finding new bands, making new friends and getting so drunk for days on end that you need a week to recover.
- Sweet texts, emails or phone calls that give you that little smile that not much else can.
- Feeling comfortable enough with someone to snuggle up and not have to talk, just snuggling in that comfortable content moment.
The spoilers were officially released from 1997 through 2007 in the form of these nifty things:
Aha, love it.
a lovely lady (http://bearcushions.tumblr.com/) had the inspired idea to read 20 books this year (a lot for me! as i get distracted) and i’m going to do it too! i MUST have that many around the flat waiting to be read - most bought in bookshops or off amazon from reading the blurbs! will compile a list shortly and put it up :)
I’m going to do this :) I read a lot anyway! But this sounds like a fab idea!
I quite adore owls. Even from a young age I used to love them. And I really want a wise old owl tattooed, with a monocle, reading a book and drinking a cuppa! :)
I have had rather a strange 24 hours :)
I ended up staying up until 4am reading. Went to sleep. To then be woken up at 5:30 by housemates returning home from a night out. I then, at 6am, got drunk and stoned! Went to bed about 8am! Slept until 3pm then got up and went shopping with Sarah and bought loads of underwear from La Senza and a christmas present for Nina :)